1 Data controller
Below specified local operating company in respective jurisdiction on its own behalf and on behalf of local real estate companies belonging to the same group which act as joint controllers as applicable:
Finland: Technopolis Oy (business ID 2992763-5)
Sweden - Göteborg: Technopolis Gårda AB (business ID 556970-1138)
Sweden - Kista, Stockholm: Technopolis Kista AB (business ID 559306-2572)
Norway: Technopolis Holding AS (business ID 912 237 885)
Lithuania: Technopolis Lietuva UAB (business ID 302756782)
Estonia: Technopolis Ülemiste AS (business ID 11978111)
Hereinafter “we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to the data controller(s). “You” or “your” shall refer to the data subject.
2 Contact details
Privacy Coordinator of Technopolis Group, email: email@example.com, tel: +358 46 712 0000 (customer service), address: Energiakuja 3, FI-00180 Helsinki.
3 Name of register
Property camera surveillance register
4 Legal basis and purpose of processing your personal data
We process your personal data based on our (respective local operating and real estate companies) and our tenants’ legitimate interest. We process your personal data because you have entered our real estate property.
Your personal data may be used for the purposes of:
- protecting our real estate property and possessions as well as our tenants’ and cooperation partners’ premises and possessions;
- preventing vandalism or any other crimes or acts or omissions that might jeopardize our real estate property, any possessions located on the property or security of the property (including premises leased by our tenants);
- investigating acts or omission that have caused or might cause damage to us, the property, our tenant or customer or their representative(s) or possessions;
- proving grounds for termination of employment;
- investigating or demonstrating the occurrence of criminal acts or other serious offences such as harassment or other serious inappropriate behaviour, if there are reasonable grounds to suspect that a person is or has been engaging in such activity;
- determining a cause of an accident at work or other danger or threat within the meaning of the applicable occupational safety and health laws; and
- providing evidence and other assistance in investigating and handling any of the matters as described in items (1)-(6) above.
A further purpose of maintaining camera surveillance and processing your personal data within the camera surveillance is to ensure your safety as well as safety of other persons on the property and the safety of surrounding areas of the property.
The above forms the legitimate interests for us to process your personal data.
5 Types of your personal data we collect
We process your following personal data:
- Visual material recorded and saved by surveillance cameras located in our common areas showing your presence and movement in these areas, and
- Date and time of visual material.
6 Regular sources of your personal data
The register does not contain external regular sources of information.
7 Regular disclosure and transfer of your personal data, and transfer outside the EU or EEA
We do not regularly disclose your personal data to other third parties than our subcontractors. Our subcontractors carry out security functions in our properties and they process recorded footage when it is necessary for dealing with an immediate threat or to immediately deal with a situation. We are responsible for the activities of our subcontractors as for our own activities. We will ensure that the subcontractors are committed to protecting your personal data in the manner stated in this policy.
We may also disclose the recorded footage to the police or any other competent authority at its request. We may also share recorded footage between Technopolis Group companies, when it is necessary for the purposes of processing described in this policy.
We may disclose the recorded footage containing your personal data to our tenants also when this is necessary for identifying, investigating and verifying vandalism and other criminal acts that occur on the premises of the tenants or acts or omissions that have caused damage to the tenant, and for exercising the rights of the injured party.
Your personal data is not regularly processed outside the EU and the EEA. In case your personal data mentioned in this policy will be processed outside the EU and the EEA we will ensure that our subcontractor is covered by adequate data protection requirements (e.g EU Commission Model Clauses). Your personal data may also be disclosed and transferred to the subsidiaries and associated companies of Technopolis Group for their use, for the purposes specified in this policy.
8 Principles of protection of your personal data and data storage period
The only persons who have access rights to the data system where your personal data is processed are our employees (including companies belonging to the Technopolis Group) or our subcontractors and their employees who have the right and need to process your personal data for the purposes described in this policy. Your personal data is protected by such technical and organizational measures that ensure a sufficient and appropriate level of security.
Your personal data is stored for as long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purpose for which it is used. As a rule, your personal data is stored for three (3) months after its creation. The data may be retained after that period also, if this is necessary for completing an unfinished investigation, court proceedings or any other similar matter.
9 Your privacy rights
You have the right to inspect your personal data that is stored in the register, as well as to demand correction of any incorrect personal data and deletion of your personal data. Any such requests must be submitted by you in writing to Technopolis reception services or to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you must verify your identity.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), you have the right to object or request the restriction of processing your personal data at any time, and to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data to the relevant supervisory authority.
Updated 7 December 2022